Fox Hollow Elementary
- Principal: Amy Adams
- Assistant Principal: John Scovill
- Address: 6020 W. 8200 South, West Jordan, UT 84081
- Phone: 801-282-1818 | Fax: 801-302-4921
- Mascot: Red Tails
- School Colors: Red, Black & Silver
- Home Page: foxhollow.jordandistrict.org
- Student Achievement
- Boundary Map
About Fox Hollow Elementary
Fox Hollow Elementary is located in West Jordan Utah. The Fox Hollow Community strongly supports education and parents are highly involved with the school. Fox Hollow teachers are dedicated to see that students develop academically, socially, and emotionally.
The mission of Fox Hollow is to maximize every child’s capacity as a learner and to maintain a happy, positive, and nurturing educational environment for children. To help assure each child’s success, Fox Hollow has five areas of focus: Literacy, Numeracy, Differentiated Instruction, Gifted Education, and Arts Integration.
Faculty and staff at Fox Hollow value childhood, compromise, effort, fairness, family, happiness, humor, kindness, learning, organization, parents, policy, professionalism, progress, quality, safety, stewardship, and teachers.
Fox Hollow parents are encouraged to be involved in the school. Teachers communicate regularly with parents through home contacts and parent/teacher conferences.
- Fox Hollow Elementary was completed in July 2011. The library/media center is located in the middle of each classroom cluster. Classrooms are arranged to encourage interaction among teachers and can be reassigned by grade as the student population fluctuates.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1 to 23 in first and second grades, 1 to 25 in third grade, 1 to 26 in fourth grade, 1 to 26 in fifth grade, and 1 to 26 in sixth grade. The actual class sizes vary.
- The Fox Hollow staff is well qualified. Teachers hail from many different states with a variety of backgrounds and specialty training.
- Teachers work in collaborative teams in order to give students access to the best talents of each teacher.
- The curriculum follows State and District guidelines and meets or exceeds all elementary requirements.
- Fox Hollow students are expected to follow a Code of Conduct for Responsible Citizens which outlines expectations for behavior.
- Special Education teachers give additional time and support to children struggling in academic and behavioral areas.
- A guidance specialist is available to provide group or individual counseling. Speech therapy is also provided for students as necessary.
- Fox Hollow students have the opportunity to use technology as part of their regular curriculum.
- The school benefits from a supportive, cooperative parent group. PTA officers and parent volunteers provide countless hours of service to the school each week.
- Well-balanced meals are provided daily through the school’s lunch program. Reduced rate or free lunches are available to students in need.
- Bus service is provided for students who live 1.5 miles or more from school.
- Fox Hollow Elementary is striving to meet the needs of accelerated students. Problem solving and higher level thinking skills are introduced in classes, and teachers modify instruction as needed to meet the needs of students.
- Fox Hollow is using Utah State Trust Lands grant funds to improve reading skills.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Fox Hollow Elementary
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Fox Hollow Elementary
- 2016-17 SAGE Results for Fox Hollow Elementary
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Fox Hollow Elementary
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Fox Hollow Elementary
- 2016-17 PACE Report Card for Fox Hollow Elementary