Fox Hollow Elementary is located in West Jordan Utah. The Fox Hollow Community strongly supports education and parents are highly involved with the school. Fox Hollow teachers are dedicated to see that students develop academically, socially, and emotionally.
Our Mission: FOX HOLLOW IS A COLLABORATIVE COMMUNITY EMPOWERING ALL TO ACHIEVE ESSENTIAL ACADEMIC AND SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL SKILLS IN A SAFE, KIND, AND POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.
Our Vision: AT FOX HOLLOW WE AIM TO PROVIDE HIGH QUALITY EDUCATION TO DEVELOP RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS WHO POSITIVELY IMPACT THE WORLD.
Fox Hollow parents are encouraged to be involved in the school. Teachers communicate regularly with parents through home contacts and parent/teacher conferences.
- Fox Hollow Elementary serves 937 students on a traditional schedule.
- Fox Hollow Elementary was completed in July 2011. The library/media center is located in the middle of each classroom cluster. Classrooms are arranged to encourage interaction among teachers and can be reassigned by grade as the student population fluctuates.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1 to 23 in first and second grades, 1 to 25 in third grade, 1 to 26 in fourth grade, 1 to 26 in fifth grade, and 1 to 26 in sixth grade. The actual class sizes vary.
- The Fox Hollow staff is well qualified. Teachers hail from many different states with a variety of backgrounds and specialty training.
- Teachers work in collaborative teams in order to give students access to the best talents of each teacher.
- The curriculum follows State and District guidelines and meets or exceeds all elementary core requirements.
- Fox Hollow students are expected to follow a Code of Conduct for Responsible Citizens which outlines expectations for behavior.
- Special Education teachers give additional time and support to children struggling in academic and behavioral areas.
- A guidance specialist is available to provide group or individual counseling. Speech therapy is also provided for students as necessary.
- Fox Hollow students have the opportunity to use technology as part of their regular curriculum.
- The school benefits from a supportive, cooperative parent group. PTA officers and parent volunteers provide countless hours of service to the school each week.
- Well-balanced meals are provided daily through the school’s lunch program.
- Bus service is provided for students who live 1.5 miles or more from school.
- Fox Hollow Elementary is striving to meet the needs of accelerated students. Problem solving and higher level thinking skills are introduced in classes, and teachers modify instruction as needed to meet the needs of students.
- Fox Hollow is using Utah LAND trust funds to improve reading skills.
- The Utah State Board of Education may grant an educator one of the following education licenses:
Professional Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has demonstrated all of the State established competencies to be an educator.
Associate Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a Professional Educator License.
Local Education Agency (LEA)-specific Educator License – a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator.
An LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
Out of State and Internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements.
Educators waiting for university license recommendations.
Educators with expired Utah licenses.
Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement.
Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing.
Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program.
Schools may employ individuals holding LEA-specific Educator Licenses, as well as Professional and Associate Educator Licenses, as outlined below based on the employee’s FTE:
Location Type Fully Qualified Educators who are teaching under LEA Specific or are not Qualified Educators in an Associate Program to become Professional Qualified Fox Hollow Elementary Elementary 89.00% 2.23% 8.77%